On July 30th, CloudSmartz hosted a CIO and Executive Leadership luncheon at The Saturn Club in Buffalo, New York. Many of the Buffalo regions top Technology, Financial and Business Executives gathered to discuss the crucial business topic of Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery. Participants from diverse industries such as Healthcare, Manufacturing, Financial and Corporate Services shared existing BC/DR processes, best practices and key initiatives while networking with peer Executives. The emerging concept of Business Resilience and industry trends were forefront topics throughout the group discussion. While natural disasters are a huge worry, they really account for 1% of potential disasters you’ll encounter – 13% will be unplanned events, and 87% will be planned events.
Another vital aspect of the group discussion involved evolving cloud technologies that allow organizations to effectively prepare a business continuity and disaster recovery infrastructure to allow mission critical operations to continue in the event of an external environmental or internal disaster. Traditional DR back-up storage services that were once cost-prohibitive to small and large companies alike are now being replaced with new reservation models which allow more efficient on-demand high-performance back-up with significantly reduced cost.
Must Have’s for Disaster Recovery Solution
The attendees told us that to have an effective disaster recovery plan, their solution must have the following:
- Disaster Recovery must be affordable
- Must address compliance mandates
- Must ensure fault tolerance
- Must increase business flexibility
At CloudSmartz, we understand that data is the lifeblood of your business. Making sure that your critical data, applications, and systems are protected and quickly recoverable in the event of a disaster or outage is paramount. Our cloud-based solutions allow you to build incredibly dynamic disaster recovery environments with on-demand compute and storage reserves plus private Layer 2 connectivity to cloud space when and where you need it.
- Pay only for the resources you use and reduce operating expenses by leveraging our resources, not yours, so you can focus on your core business
- Meet PCI, HIPAA, SOX, and other mandates with Type II SSAE 16 SOC 1 & 2 compliant data centers. Environments are safeguarded by extensive processes and personnel
- Geographically diverse cloud nodes eliminate single points of failure. Our resilient environment is backed by both RTO and RPO guarantees for every application type
- Blend both your cloud and physical resources into a single environment while maintaining 100% control. Instant scalability of resources accelerate recovery operations
We look forward to hosting future events in the Buffalo, NY region and working with more companies to assess and build out their disaster recovery plans on current and future infrastructure, legacy and new application management, and more to make your business thrive.