CloudSmartz has an exciting opportunity for a service Portal-API Architect in our Rochester, NY office.This position requires an innovative and creative digital services problem solver who is driven by crafting cutting-edge service automations via way of a customer service portal. The individual must possess a balance of extremely strong software technical skills, API development, along with a good ability to propose services and back office system operations into a service application that allows customers to navigate and control said services per their business needs.
The Portal-API Architect is responsible for the overall frontend portal architecture and API orchestration that creates an intelligent automated control point to back office service fulfillment systems, network and operations. The focus is on assuring highly reliable on-demand controls and automations of an array of network services and business functions.
The Portal-API Architect is responsible for the overall technical design and will set design standards, governance and ensure compliance with business and customer service requirement needs.
This is a very visible role that will combine technical expertise, design/service leadership, teamwork with other architect expertise and disciplines, and alignment with program management on deliveries.
- Creation and implementation of reference portal and API architecture design
- Responsible for the development of the architecture that integrates via way of the customer portal SDN/NFV and other network services with on-demand automation capabilities and near real-time performance criteria
- Facilitates and directs the core technology underpinnings that constitute the architecture of overall portal design and integration with systems for automated network services solution and all functional business and support needs
- Lead area responsibility and collaborate with other technical service component architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on elements that maximize the value of information across the complete service end-to-end design
- Develop, drive and manage portal-API architecture, standards and processes in alignment with SDN industry expectations, best practices and requirements from the customer user point of view
- Responsible for the development and presentation of the overall portal-API architecture and methods to assure implementations during software development and integration development
- Involved in overall service functional analysis leading to definition of the initial requirements. Defines those functions to which SDN/NFV and associated software comprise service via way of portal and APIs. These functions are then developed as a technical architecture for the portal operations of the SDN software service solution. The role garners ‘buy in’ for that architecture and remains involved throughout the balance of the project, helping to ensure that the agreed upon architecture is employed and successful.
- Drives in-depth assessment of technologies to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for the overall service solution needs and communicates assessment to rest of the team
- Selections and evaluates any third-party tools or software required for the portal and API architecture
- Maintains engagement with software development teams, third party partners, third party platform or service vendors to assure architecture is developed per high level design.
- Maintains engagement with software development, network development, and security teams to assure architecture adheres to architecture and high-level design during development and integration phases
- Maintains engagement with test teams to assure architecture meets performance and key functional requirements
- Responsible for evaluation and assessment of change requests during development and test stages assuring architecture standards are being met and maintained in any software, system, network, or operations redesigns. Responsible to update architecture and high-level design on any agreed to modifications that alter prior architecture/design
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in portal services and API orchestration
- Act as visionary and strategist for intelligent frontend customer needs of the overall service solutions and IT Operations for the service
- Collaborative brainstorming and selling of ideas to Senior Leadership team
- Collaboratively participate in presenting and substantiating designs, pros and cons, budgets and timelines
- Audits portal operation practices of IT operations team
- Demonstrating excellent oral, verbal, written, and presentation skills for effective communication between business organization, partners and customer corporate client(s)
- Stay up to date on trends and developments within software and APIs
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in security practices of IT Operations, Cloud technologies, Systems and Software Development and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities. Additional preferred qualifications are:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of software design and development
- 5+ years of leadership role in portal architecture and software development
- 3+ years in software API service orchestration
- Strong experience in automation of services via software
- Strong experience in working with IT Operations, IT System Development, IT Network
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience leading or working with software development and networking teams
- Extensive experience defining and implementing user standards and best practices
- Experience in high level architectures and creating high level software designs
- Experience in customer user interface designs and customer needs
- Good knowledge and experience with Cloud service platforms and Microservices (AWS, Azure, or others)
- Ability to work independently and self motivated
- Ability to work collaboratively with other technical architects and software and network development leads
- Ability to understand the business requirements, solution designs, and identifying security needs of customer facing portal systems
- Should have hands-on knowledge or expertise in software development of service portal platforms
- Should have hands-on knowledge or expertise in some of the following technologies or equivalent: C++Java/J2EE, including SOAP, RESTful, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML)
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software architectures
- Should have participated in and be familiar with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies and practices
- Experience with software development for carrier or data center network services is a plus
- Government Security Clearances are a plus
Travel: Some travel required both US and International. Amount of travel anticipated to be 5-10%.
Other: Must consent to, and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
CloudSmartz is a leading edge, high tech services company that approaches each customer opportunity with a passion of being a true success partner for our customers. We believe in a team environment and our company motto is “team player, no layer”. We are looking for the up and coming aggressive leader who wants to do something amazing and who possesses the “get it done” attitude.
The candidate that will be successful in this role will have the following competencies:
- Self-motivated, innovative enjoying fast-paced complex service design and implementation environment
- Results Oriented/ Performance Driven
- Software and revenue generation experience
- Telecom and service provider industry – functional experience/knowledge of SDN, Networks and associated systems platforms
- Not fazed by early stage startup service experience