CloudSmartz has an exciting opportunity for a. Location preferred to be in one of our US offices, but also opened to possible right remote candidate that would periodically travel to Rochester, NY office. This position requires an innovative and creative problem solver who provides expertise in defining overall data architecture approach, design and data modeling for near-real time cognitive analytics processing solution.
The position will combine your Data, Analytics and AI architecture expertise with other technology architects in working with delivery team in hands-on building and integration of network and information systems technologies of a leading-edge service.
The position requires a person who is willing to jump in with both feet” and has the ability to handle complex design requirements in a fast-paced, leading edge environment. The individual would be responsible for architecting and implementing the conceptual, logical and physical data models, and integration of near real time analytics that drive and support machine learning decision process service decisions. The individual must possess a balance of extremely strong data architecture and analytical technical skills, ability to model and simulate solutions, and have a good ability to propose and explain solution design to other technical component architects and developers making up the overall end-to-end delivered services that is to be developed and operated.
The Data Architect should be comfortable working complex data modeling, integration of some external data flows, and dealing with high performance requirement services.
This is a very visible role that will combine technical expertise, design leadership, teamwork with other architect expertise and disciplines, and alignment with program management on deliveries.
- Creation and implementation of reference data architecture for automated network services
- Responsible for development of architecture that integrates various real-time and predictive data to make cognitive decisions on automation capabilities and near real-time performance criteria
- Facilitates and directs the core data technology underpinnings that constitute the architecture for overall integrated systems service solution
- Lead area responsibility and collaborate with other technical service component architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on elements that maximize the value of information across the complete service design
- Responsible for the development and presentation of the data architecture and high level design specifications that underlies the service solution and then assists in transforming that vision through execution of full service development
- Becomes involved with the overall program management at the time of project inception and involved in assuring end-to-end service solution timelines are met for those position responsible deliveries
- Involved in overall service functional analysis leading to definition of the initial requirements. Defines the data model that drives the functions to which cognitive decision processing with associated software comprise. Simulates data models prior to development of other software applications, and garners ‘buy in’ for that architecture. Remains involved throughout the balance of the project, helping to ensure that the agreed upon architecture is employed and successful and evolves the architecture over the life cycle.
- Drives in-depth assessment of technologies to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for the overall service solution needs and communicates assessment to rest of the team
- Maintains engagement with various software development teams to assure architecture is developed per high level design
- Maintains engagement with test teams to assure architecture meets performance requirements
- Responsible for evaluation and assessment of change requests to architecture during development and test stages, and responsible for maintaining architecture up to date on redesigns or evolution to next stage of service architecture
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Act as visionary and strategist for data, cognitive AI software technology solutions
- Collaborative brainstorming and selling of ideas to Senior Leadership team
- Collaboratively participate in presenting and substantiating designs, pros and cons, budgets and timelines
- Demonstrating excellent oral, verbal, written, and presentation skills for effective communication between business organization, partners and customer corporate client(s)
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record. Candidate must be comfortable in dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a complex system design. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working solo and in a team environment, able to design and implement per a project schedule. Additional preferred qualifications are:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of experience in designing and delivering data and software developed solutions and/or services
- 5+ years of experience of data architecture and data modeling
- 3+ years with data modeling and demonstrations through simulations
- 1+ years of experience in AI development
- 2+ years of leadership role in development and/or software solutions
- Experience with performance and tuning techniques and their relationship to optimizing data model designs
- Hands-on knowledge of and how to apply data model frameworks, application and analytical processing for operational decisions, aligned tools and techniques, and data delivery for real-time service-oriented applications
- Experienced with advanced skills in software development methodologies and the ability to disseminate them to a development team or third party
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills in architectures and designs
- Experienced with highly reliable and highly available processing requirements
- Experienced in defining and implementing standards and best practices
- Experience in working design and solutions for service automations
- Experience in translating business service requirements into data structure requirements and logical and physical data model
- Good knowledge and experience with Virtualization platforms
- Good knowledge and experience with Cloud service platforms (AWS, Azure, or others)
- Ability to work independently on architecture and design elements
- Ability to work collaboratively on integrated architecture
- Ability to understand the business requirements and converting them into solution designs.
- Knowledge in dependencies on data for service-based software applications
- Strong, current, database skills
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering architectures
- Government Security Clearances are a plus
TRAVEL: Some travel required both US and International. Amount of travel anticipated to be 5-10%
OTHER: Must consent to, and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
CloudSmartz is a leading edge, high tech services company that approaches each customer opportunity with a passion of being a true success partner for our customers. We believe in a team environment and our company motto is “team player, no layer”. We are looking for the up and coming aggressive leader who wants to do something amazing and who possesses the “get it done” attitude.
The candidate that will be successful in this role will have the following competencies:
- Self-motivated, innovative risk taker enjoying fast-paced complex service design and implementation environment
- Results Oriented/ Performance Driven
- Software and revenue generation experience
- Telecom and service provider industry – functional experience/knowledge of SDN, Networks and associated systems platforms
- Not fazed by early stage startup service experience