This business development director position will require substantial Service Provider relationships paired with experience selling into telecoms along with strong software product experience. Reporting to the CEO, this position will develop and implement a revenue growth strategy for our software company that is working within the Telecom industry focusing and believing in software that is driven and informed by the customer-centric, digital experience utilizing software enhanced through SDN (Software Defined Networking) capabilities, virtualization, on-demand services, self-services and end-to-end, portal-to-port automation..
This professional will not only be responsible for project management, our business development manager is required to handle the entire proceedings of business engagements and carry out the collaboration between various business organizations and corporate clients. The business development manager’s responsibilities include managing the development and proceedings of the entire business-project lifecycle as well as M&A activity. This Business Development Manager must be a “doer” ensuring all aspects of a customer relationship. This person must work with various colleagues to ensure that an NDA is signed and filed, that a proposal/solution presentation is properly put together and presented, that an MSA is agreed to and signed, that each SOW is agreed to and signed, that each project milestone is met, invoiced and paid. Some of this will be managed through a sales person (and others) and some of it will be completed directly by the business development manager.
Primary objective is to develop and implement revenue growth strategy for an early stage SDN software business.
The basic responsibility of the business development manager / engagement manager is to manage strategical and tactical processes throughout the business engagement and develop an accurate marketing strategy which strikes a perfect balance between organizational growth and corporate clients’ requirements. Duties of business development manager are not just related to business engagements, but extend to providing leadership with an innovative perspective, initiating, and facilitating communication across different channels of communication. He/she also needs to monitor technical, legal, and sales processes, which results in providing profitable results to the organization.
The key responsibilities of a business development manager include:
- Providing the required solution delivery to the client in the assigned time-frame, and monitor each and every aspect of business engagement from start till end
- Ensure all legal contracts and documents with the customers are signed, filed and adhered to in the proper order.
- Overall accounts management which includes basic accounting, accounts growth, accounts profitability, and developing strategies for successful target completion
- Developing business strategy with respect to proceeding of business engagements, plan execution, and personnel management for optimum target utilization
- Demonstrating an innovative leadership strategy for accomplishment of business goals set by the organization and corporate clients
- Maintaining long lasting business relationships with current and previous clients and proposing new and profitable business opportunities with key clients.
- Managing profitability in business engagement by tracking work statements, budgeting the entire proceedings, and providing optimum management of time and resource
- Maintaining consumer satisfaction by maintaining the quality of services offered, ensuring the delivery of work in the assigned time, maintaining client invoice, as well as resolving the clients complaints and queries
- Managing the entire team involved in the business project, mentoring / organizing the training of the team involved, scheduling team resources in shifts, and resolving issues giving rise to conflicts within the team
- Coordinating with technical, legal, and sales department and communicating the same with the project team to ensure optimum performance of the team
- Demonstrating excellent oral, verbal, written, and presentation skills for effective communication between business organization and corporate clients
- Developing profitable marketing strategy for customer outreach and extending consumer base, developing sales pitch, etc., for customer presentation
The candidate that will be successful in this role will have the following competencies:
- Results Oriented/ Performance Driven Software and revenue generation experience
- Telecom and service provider industry – functional experience/knowledge of SDN, B/OSS and Digital Customer Experience
- Technical consulting and relationship management
- Innovative Risk Taker
The position will be placed in the United States (Virginia)