CloudSmartz has an exciting opportunity for a hands-on OSS/BSS Architect in our Rochester, NY office. This position requires an innovative and creative problem solver who provides expertise in Telecom OSS/BSS architectural design, software leadership and guidance of leading-edge system technologies and industry best-practices. The position will combine OSS/BSS architecture expertise with other technology architects in working with delivery team in hands-on building and integration of systems structures and solution design for a leading edge global network service provider.
The position requires a person who is willing to “jump in with both feet” and has the ability to handle complex design requirements in a fast-paced, leading-edge environment. The individual must possess a balance of extremely strong OSS/BSS technical skills, but have a good ability to propose and explain new design solutions that will revolutionize global telecom services.
The OSS/BSS Architect is responsible for the overall technical design of the system and software components that will integrate into an overall complex end-to-end service offering. Solid technical skills in Telecomm OSS/BSS, Networking, SDN/NFV/SD-WAN and Cloud technologies are a must. The person must also have demonstrated skills in software design, software development, API’s, and security.
This is a very visible role that will combine technical expertise, design leadership, communication, planning, teamwork with other architect expertise and disciplines and alignment with program management on all deliveries.
- Creation and implementation of reference OSS/BSS architecture design aligned to, and supportive of business needs, product and service offerings.
- Responsible for development of architecture that integrates SDN/NFV/SD-WAN with on-demand automation capabilities and near real-time performance criteria
- Facilitates and directs the core technology underpinnings that constitute the architecture of overall integrated systems for automated network services solution and all functional business and support needs
- Lead area of responsibility and collaborate with other technical service component architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on elements that maximize the value of information across the complete service design
- Responsible for the development and presentation of the OSS/BSS architecture and high level design specifications that underlies the service solution and then assists in transforming that vision through execution of full-service development
- Will become involved with the overall program management at the time of project inception and will be involved in assuring end-to-end service solution timelines are met for those deliveries, i.e. overall system architecture, all OSS/BSS system selections, all high-level software designs for integration or new software functions
- Involved in overall service functional analysis leading to definition of the initial requirements and resulting design. Defines those functions to which SDN/NFV/SD-WAN and associated software comprise the OSS/BSS needs. These functions are then developed as a technical architecture for the OSS/BSS operations of the SDN software service solution. This role will be required to garner ‘buy in’ for that architecture and will remain involved throughout the balance of the project, helping to ensure that the agreed upon architecture is deployed and successful.
- Drives in-depth assessment of technologies to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for the overall service solution needs and communicates assessment to rest of the team
- Create and communicate cases for build vs buy and insource vs outsource decisions
- Selects and evaluates third-party OSS/BSS solutions to integrate as part of the overall architecture
- Maintains engagement with software development teams, third party partner/s, third party platform/s or service vendors to assure architecture is developed per high-level design
- Maintains engagement with test teams to assure architecture meets performance and key functional requirements
- Responsible for evaluation and assessment of change requests to architecture during development and test stages and responsible for maintaining architecture up to date on redesigns or evolution to next stage of service architecture
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Telecomm OSS/BSS
- Act as visionary and strategist for creation of new end-to-end OSS/BSS software technology in creation of new software network-service solutions
- Collaborative brainstorming and selling of ideas to Senior Leadership team
- Collaboratively participate in presenting and substantiating designs, pros and cons, budgets and timelines
- Demonstrating excellent oral, verbal, written, and presentation skills for effective communication between business organization, partners and customer corporate client(s)
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in developing/integrating and implementing multiple components of the Telecomm OSS/BSS technologies in delivering automated network services. Candidate must be comfortable in dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a complex system design. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working solo and in a team environment, able to design and implement per a project schedule. Additional preferred qualifications are:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of leadership role in OSS/BSS development and architecture of software network services and/or solutions
- 7+ years of systems integration and/or implementation experience
- 5+ years of software design and development
- Strong experience with multiple solution implementations of different OSS/BSS functional solutions
- Strong experience in software automation of network services
- Strong experience with leading edge software technologies
- Strong experience in architecting end-to-end OSS/BSS telecomm systems
- Deep knowledge in networks, devices, service modeling and automation in systems
- Strong experience with SDN, NFV and or SD-WAN integration and custom development
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills in high level architectures and high-level software design
- Extensive experience with developing software architectures and software high level designs
- Extensive experience defining and implementing standards and best practices
- Extensive experience doing technology evaluations and feasibility studies to drive direction and selection of OSS/BSS platforms
- Experienced with developing service automations
- Good knowledge and experience with APIs
- Good knowledge and experience with Virtualization platforms
- Good knowledge and experience with Cloud-service platforms and Micro services (AWS, Azure, or others)
- Ability to work independently on architecture and design elements
- Ability to work collaboratively on integrated architecture
- Ability to understand business requirements and converting them into solution designs.
- Knowledge in web-based systems, service-based and enterprise application.
- Should have hands-on knowledge or expertise in some of the following technologies or equivalent: C++Java/J2EE, including SOAP, RESTful, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML)
- Must demonstrate good judgement and pragmatic approach to delivering software architectures
- Should have participated in and be familiar with Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices.
- Government Security Clearances are a plus
CloudSmartz is a leading edge, high tech services company that approaches each customer opportunity with a passion of being a true success partner for our customers. We believe in a team environment and our company motto is “team player, no layer”. We are looking for the up and coming aggressive leader who wants to do something amazing and who possesses the “get it done” attitude.
The candidate that will be successful in this role will have the following competencies:
- Self-motivated, innovative risk taker enjoying fast-paced complex service design and implementation environment
- Results Oriented/ Performance Driven
- Software and revenue generation experience
- Telecom and service provider industry – functional experience/knowledge of SDN, Networks, SD-WAN and all associated OSS/BSS systems platforms that support and deliver the network services
- Not fazed by early-stage startup service experience
The position will be placed in Rochester, NY